Monday, February 11, 2008

Peace


Peace
Originally uploaded by Gertibird
This is a picture I took several years ago and it remains one of my favorites.
It captures the peace I feel at the lake. It is a place of joy and fun and play time with family, but it is also a place where I can rest and be still.
For many years, it was the place that saved my sanity, cleansed my body and my soul.
My life was so hectic and unhappy and stressed. I had some bad times, but I was lucky to have a place to escape to. It was never often enough. I cried when I had to leave. Not just because I was usually leaving my mom or sister behind and I wouldn't see them for another year, but the place itself was and is healing for me. I always felt better there. I always felt like a "me" that I could like.
I finally moved nearby, and have been here for just over a year.
It has been a hard transition, but I honestly feel like it has been worth all the trauma and the drama.
I am beginning to feel like a "me" that I can like alot more often.
I feel like I can breath up here.

No comments: