Sunday, February 3, 2008

What is Beauty? (editted)


168
Originally uploaded by
gloriousgertrude


I see beauty. Often where others do not. I used to think there was something wrong with me.

It has been a while since I was with other artists, but even then, sometimes the educated get stuck in the "shoulds".

I choose to see beauty. I think alot of our lives are about choice. I choose to believe I am right where I am supposed to be today. I choose to believe I am my best self today and you are your best self today. I prefer to focus on beauty; not always the easy beauty of a springtime flower, sometimes the more complex combination of colors and textures of a falling down building or the frozen heads of sunflowers.

I recently came to a point in my life where I had lost my ability to see beauty. I was swallowed up in the difficulties of day to day living, I was pretty much a zombie, go to work, go to bed, go to work, go to bed...and I couldn't see much inbetween. I am grateful to my husband who helped make my dreams come true and moved us to the country. He even says that I am a different person now. I am engaged in home life, I have the energy to play again. And I can see beauty again. I can even see it in myself and THAT has been a long long time.

1 comment:

laurie said...

no undereducated. subtle. there is certainly beauty in snow on the bowing plants. i agree....beauty comes in many different guises, in many different places.

it's nice to know that you see it where others may not.