Saturday, March 8, 2008

Feel My Melons

OK, I am back from the hospital.
Pain is managable. Taking care of myself, lots of rest, fresh fruit, regular meals, more rest. I am tired and I guess I am cranky according to my husband, but I also don't care. He has had more separation anxiety than my dog, who has been at my side non-stop since I returned.

I had my uterus removed.
I lost alot of blood and was given two units.
I had alot of scar tissue and the doctors said I had two tumors the size of pomelos.
Is that the medically correct terminology?
This is a pic I got off the net and I send my thanks to my anonymous friend for letting me use his picture to illustrate the size of my fibroids.
SO GLAMOROUS!


3 comments:

laurie said...

i'm not so sure that "squeals of delight" is the appropriate description for comments to a post such as that.

holy moly. i'm so sorry! my sister had melon-sized fibroids, too. but i did not graphically look at melons and imagine them inside her....

are you ok now?

ow ow ow ow don't laugh i remember it hurt her to laugh....

Murphy's Mom said...

I am better and modern pain management is a wonderful thing! A Golden Retriever and helpful husband by my side is speeding my recovery.

Laughter might heal, but it does hurt!

ehaw12gs said...

jumping jehosefet batman!!!