Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Source of Your Joy

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile
can be the source of your joy."
~Thich Nhat Hanh


So much has happened in the past couple of months. I have been up and down in recovery from surgery. My Mom has come back to the area for the summer, my husband has been sick with kidney stones.

On the plus side, we have had a glorious spring and early summer. I have seen an enormous orange full moon rise over a bay on Lake Ontario. I have planted gigantic, mamoth sunflowers. I have planted and enjoyed a small sea of blooming cosmos. I purchased a lawn tractor (riding lawn mower) and now I am known as the lawn mower Goddess and I can weed whack like no-body's business!!!

More GOOD stuff!!!

My Uncle John is here for a visit. He is very creative and fun to be with.

Our screened porch is getting finished.
I am visualizing the soothing atmosphere that we will enjoy. The sweet breezes, the songs of the crickets and the scents of the woods. (Or cows, depending on how the wind blows.)

I have a sixteen year old boy who is helping me in the garden. He is the son of a friend. It is good to have a partner in these things. It is so easy to come home from work and just sit, cool off, watch tv, take a nap....

But when Gabe is there to get me going, I get alot done! We got four lupins planted in the front and two bleeding hearts are finally in the ground. It took two hours to dig those holes! There were so many roots. I am going to get Lady's Mantel from my mother...it doesn't need deep holes...just scoop them up with a spoon and drop them down on the ground and they will grow.

We are out in the woods at Mom's house, enjoying the cool evening, watching the finches have their dinner, contemplating what we shall have.

Life is good. Even when life is hard.
This too shall pass. It always does.

No comments: