Monday, December 22, 2008

Gratitude

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
-Buddha

I got a great early Christmas gift! My college roommat and I have reconnected after nearly a decade of radio silence...well, we always sent holiday cards, but now we are writing every day and catching up and finding out we are still deeply connected. What a happy day!

I am also buried in snow and contemplating if I will try to go into the Village for a puppet show...A Christmas Carol with life size puppets....I think I will if I can get out of the driveway.

I was laughing this morning as I shoveled the paths. I have 18" boots and 24" of snow on the ground. I thought I had wasted my money on these boots...HA!

I think we got 12 new inches in the last three days...It is spectacularly beautiful.
If you don't think it is beautiful, then you should NOT live north of Syracuse, that is fo-show.

I will post some pictures later. Right now I am going to go investigate my escape options.

1 comment:

i heart the january said...

I envy you all that snow. We only have about 6 inches on the ground here in the valley.

The hills are gorgeous though. Very white. I think above 4000 feet, they must have got 2 feet of it in the last week. (we're only at 3200.