Sunday, January 4, 2009

Travel Companion


Travel Companion
Originally uploaded by Gertibird
Went out for a toodle. That is when you drive around with no particular place to be, or agenda of sights to see. It is best undertaken with a golden retriever and an artistic friend or family member. I prefer my toodles with my Mom. We are only able to take summer toodles at this point in life, but I am working on her spending some time up here...wheedling - I believe is the expression.
Murphy and I went out and drove one of my favorite local drives and I took picture of the road - a few places I have documented in various stages of seasonal change.
The world changes so dramatically here from lush summer freedom to winter wonder and safety planning. It is hard to believe that the snow covered hillside was once covered in bouquets of Queen Anne's Lace.

No comments: