Saturday, March 6, 2010

Star Gazing

I am forever amazed by the enormity of the night sky and the brilliance of stars. I go out and walk my dog after work and enjoy the low winter sunlight at the end of the day, but my favorite walk is after dark with the stars. I walk with a flashlight since there are no street lights on my road, but it is mostly so drivers will see us on the side of the road. I like to find a dark spot where lights from houses don't reach and turn off the flash light and let my eyes adjust and slowly expose the ba-gillion stars in the universe.
I am hoping I can sleep outside sometime this summer, under the stars, maybe over by Lake Ontario. When the stars are out over the lake it is like a black bowl of stars. I have never seen anything like it.
I did a journal page about my walk under the stars - still working on it.
Need to get my scanner fixed so I can post some of my work.
Maybe I can find some time tomorrow.
:)

1 comment:

Renee said...

Is that your kitty? He's beautiful!

I also wantedt o say I'm glad I could help with your HP scanner issues - HP makes great stuff, but it sure is a pain to install!