Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Magic


Greetings! It has been quite a while since I last posted. Now it is Spring in Northern New York. We had two weeks of 75 degree weather, and last night we dropped down to 13...
Yes, 13 degrees.
Nothing like the violent mood swings of Mother Nature.

Last night the stars were sparkling, why do they always seem so much brighter when the temperature is below freezing? I am sure there is a scientific explanation but I prefer to think of it as magic.

I love my night time walks in the dark. Even when I lived in Staten Island, I liked to walk in the dark. Now of course, it is better since I live out in the country.

When I was young, I learned to walk through the pitch black woods with my flashlight, on mild summer nights in the Adirondacks. Nights when I watched stars form the milky way, the one magic night I saw the Northern Lights and the magic of seeing tiny satellites drift through the starry sky.

No comments: