Monday, October 1, 2012

I spent three glorious hours in my studio last night.
Three hours that went by in a flash of quiet creativity.
When I arrived at my next appointment I told my friends I felt like I was on mood altering drugs; I haven't had a day like that in months...maybe years.

I only worked on one piece.
It is a piece that I did a few years ago and put aside because I did not like it and I did not know what to do next.


 So I covered it with gesso.

 Stamped all over it with Staz-on.

 Kept stamping.

 Made myself a new stamp with craft foam (the round one)
 Tore up some safety envelopes and glued down the strips.


 Tore up some old ledger paper and glued down strips

then glued down a few more.
It hardly sounds like I did much, but I enjoyed every minute of it!
I can't wait to get in there and get some more paint on it.
More later!

1 comment:

CDBaker2 said...

Fabulous, Gert! I'm happy you've got a space for your creativity to flourish! :D